My first specialist project ‘Fashion Drawing’ was a good introduction to specialism and I feel that overall I was able to work effectively to the brief and demonstrate skills that the grading criteria requires.
In particular, I feel that my research pages show good use of high quality, relevant images that were able to communicate my personal take on the project brief and concept. I also think that in responding to these images I used a good mix of different media that demonstrated different skills. I also think the inclusion of primary images added a personal side to this research, and using a broad range of secondary sources such as Pinterest, Polyvore and WGSN was important so that I could explore fully the different ways I might interpret the concept. I think that the designs shown in the development pages reflect the concept effectively, however I think they could show more variation and also could have been completed to a higher standard.
I think that parts of this project are finished to a good level but there are many areas for improvement. For example, I could have used more technical flats to show a higher level of understanding in the development stages. Furthermore, I definitley think I needed to include more drawing responses in all areas of the project as this would have not only improved the appearance of pages but also given variation and interest.
In conclusion, I can identify the parts of this project which have worked well but can also see many areas which I don’t think I completed to my potential. As this was the first stage of specialism I think I picked up a number of new ways of working, even down to things like page layout. The level of work produced is high towards the beginning I think, but there is definitley a drop in quantity towards the end which is something to try and rectify moving forward.